With the start of school fast approaching, you want to make sure that your vehicle is ready. Car maintenance can be one of the last things on your mind at this time of year but it is very important to ensure your vehicle is safe.
Here is Foreign Affairs Auto Back to School Maintenance checklist:
- Check under the hood, make sure all your fluid levels are good. Ensure that you have enough oil, coolant and power steering fluid for a great functioning vehicle.
- Look at your tires, make sure they have enough pressure and look for uneven or wear on your tread. Proper inflation and tire health can help them hug the ground and help you stop when and where you need to.
- Check your lights, if you have a teen you might want them to help you with this so they know what to do in the future. Have them go in and turn on the headlights and turn signals, while you check them. Also having them press on the brake pedal so you can look at your brake lights as well.
- Making sure you have a jack and spare tire is always good as well since you never know when you might need it. You don’t want to need them and not have them.
- An emergency kit for your vehicle is always a good idea. Include a set of jumper cables in case your battery fails. Keep updated meds in your kit along with a flashlight, extra batteries, blanket, non-perishable food, and water. Include pet supplies if yours tends to travel with you.
- Testing your car battery helps you to know when you need to get a new one, batteries need to be replaced every 3-5 years and they don’t give you much warning that they are failing. Checking the date on your battery or looking for corrosion can help prepare you for the possibility of needing a new one.
Before your kids go back to school be sure to stop into Foreign Affairs Auto to get your car ready. We do our best to ensure that your vehicle is safe. Make your appointment online to get things started. Hope to see you soon!