For many Mercedes owners, servicing your vehicle is a dilemma. Service it too often and you risk wasting money on unnecessary repairs. Fail to service it enough and you not only risk ignoring costly damage, but put yourself and your passengers in danger.
To resolve this dilemma and encourage regular, appropriate inspections and repairs, Mercedes-Benz has created the Flexible Service System. This divides your maintenance needs into A and B service selections. Whenever your vehicle is due for one, the system will alert you; it will then tell the maintenance specialists what work to do once you take it into the shop. With Flexible Service, you’ll know exactly how to take care of your Mercedes, and can keep it in premium condition at minimal cost.
B-Service Pricing $399
The need for Service B, like that for Service A, varies with the vehicle’s specifics. Most Mercedes models manufactured after 2009 will need it after the first year or 20,000 miles, and then every 2 years or 20,000 miles after that. Service B involves:
- Replacing the oil filter, synthetic motor oil, and combination or cabin dust filter
- Exchanging brake fluids and inspecting brakes for component problems
- Inspecting and correcting tire pressure
- Checking fluid levels and modifying them according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Resetting the counter for the following Service B visit